Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Our day at the zoo . . .


While daddy was in Panama the beginning of July, the kids and I did some fun things to keep our minds of missing him . . . like going to the zoo. We went to the zoo one morning with Dee and Jo Jo, our plan was to beat the heat by going early. But it was still HOT!!! Colin and Maddox did great and loved it even in the heat :)



C loved feeding all the petting zoo animals, he wasn't scared at all. He would lift his hand up with the food to the animals mouth. He thought it was so cool!!







Colin was loving this baby goat. He was so sweet and gentle. He sat there with the goat for a good 10 mins!! (I love his face, HA!)





Colin also got to feed the giraffes or "tgiraffes" as he says. C did great, he just lifted his hand right up there. He said "mommy their tongues??!!" I told him that they had sand paper tongues, so the rest of the day he went around saying that the "tgiraffes had papr tongues!" (This is what I live with every day, C keeps us laughing :)





There were a lot of baby animals at the zoo this time, notice the baby monkey hanging on with its mama!




My safari guide :)




It was so hot and we were sweating, but Maddox was awesome the whole time! What else can you expect? She is the BEST baby ever!!



My sweet racoons :)



So the zoo for sure knows how to get you! If you want to see the rhinos, hippos, zebras, gorillas, including the baby gorilla, and some other animals, you must buy a separate ticket to ride the train. This is the only way to see those animals, and the train ride was only 15 mins! But my child was amazed the whole time and loved it! So I guess it was worth the it ;)







The last thing we experienced at the zoo was the bird exhibit, where you get to feed the birds. This was awesome because the birds are free flying inside the exhibit. They will land on your food stick, hand, arm, shoulder, back, head, leg, etc!! It is INCREDIBLE!!












1 comment:

Nicole said...

Looks like so much FUN! I want to take Josiah but I think I'm going to wait until it cools off!!!!