Saturday, September 27, 2014

Celebrating the life of my precious Nana

My Nana was and is a personality to be remembered. She was full of spunk, spirit, sass, and fun. Her favorite color was red, she loved to get her hair done and her nails fixed, she wore heels into her 80s and would have kept wearing them if she was able. My Nana was full of many funny and wise sayings, but the one that sums her up best was “Take some pride.” She took pride in her faith, her family, and herself. She loved us all more than tongue can tell. Her legacy will live through her 4 generations of children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. She was a source of constant love in my life. She taught me that life is fun, and laughter is the best medicine. She was proud of Sean and I, but most importantly she was so proud of Colin and Maddox. I know that the things I love, remember, and learned from Nana will live through me and my children. The most important being that life is found through the Father and faithfulness to him makes us be able to live life to the fullest. My Nana lived her life to the fullest. Ever since I got the call on Monday, these words have been in my mind, my heart, and my mouth: “When peace like a river attendeth my way, when sorrow like sea bellows flow. Whatever my lot thou has taught me to say, even so it is well with my soul.” So it is well with my soul, and it is definitely well with Nana’s because now she walks hand in hand with Jesus!


We went home for Nana's funeral. It was a beautiful celebration of her life! Many of us grandchildren spoke about Nana. It was sad, because we loved her so, we miss her, but we know we will see her again!












We wore red in Nana's honor.















1 comment:

Dee said...

This was a post that was hard to read. Mother loved you more than tongue can tell. She was always proud of you. Proud when you graduated from college, got married, and had Colin & Maddox. I love the words you spoke at her celebration. The pictures mark a special & hard day and week for our family.