Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Final Countdown!

Well we have made it to the final countdown. We have a little less then 2 weeks until Colin Matthew makes his debut. We are very excited! Needless to say the past 2 or so weeks have very interesting. I have been dealing with unbelievably huge swollen feet, no sleep because of restroom breaks and cramping in my legs, side, and back. I have been waking up at least 4 times a night. So I am tired and dealing with an over extended belly that seems stretched to the max! I went to the doctor for my 38 wk appointment. I had an ultrasound to check Colin's weight and fluid. Well, he weighs 7 lbs 13 oz, yes you read correctly! He is a big boy! The ultrasound tech said he had a big head and big belly. He looked great though, he scored a 100% on the tests that they look for on the ultrasound. She could also tell that Colin has a head of hair, so we will see how much hair and what color soon. Dr. Wallis decided that since Colin is a big boy that if he does not make his appearance by April 2, then I will be induced on April 3 early, early in the morning. There is an end in sight, hallelujah! I am so happy to know that my little man will be here by next Friday. This is a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. Sean and I are so pumped and ready to meet our son. I go back to the doctor next Tuesday to check growth again and then we will have a baby by Friday. We will keep everyone posted!

38 wks and 2 days

No comments: