Saturday, March 7, 2009

Ninth Month Excitement!?

Well, we are on the final countdown. Colin will be here very soon, a little more than 3 weeks. We are doing well just getting a little anxious and very excited!! I am preparing to be a mommy and Sean is getting ready for all the daddy duties. :) We feel extremely blessed by the love and support that all we know have given us. We thank everyone for their prayers, cards, baby gifts, hugs, and love! We look forward to everyone meeting our little man in a few weeks!

I am almost 37 weeks!!! Sean is getting ready for Colin :)
In the 9th month we had had some excitement all ready. Last Saturday I had contractions all day and as the day progressed so did the contractions by about 7pm they were 3-5 minutes apart. So we headed to the hospital to be safe. I was admitted to triage and they hooked me up to the monitors. I was having contractions! Colin was great and so was I except for the contractions. I was not dialated and did not dialate while being monitored. I was given 2 shots to stop the contractions and we were sent home around midnight. I then had more contractions Sunday and Monday morning I woke up having contractions. These became regular and 3-5 minutes apart. I called my doctor and was told to go to the hospital. Sean and I went . . . . another false alarm. I was contracting but not dialated and this time no shot. I was told I would probably be having these contractions as kind of a warm up for the labor. So I have been dealing with them all week. I go to Dr. Wallis on Monday. I have an ultrasound to check Colin's growth and fluid and a regular check up for me. So hopefully Dr. Wallis will be able to give us some answers about the contractions and hopefully I have progressed a little. Atleast something to show for my discomfort would be nice! :)


We are keeping our bags packed just in case. We will be ready when the real thing happens!

1 comment:

carol said...

Thanks for the update and the pics. We are soooo looking for Colins birth. We went to see his cousins this past weekend and I can't wait for them to be together. You are always in our prayers and little Colin is going to be so healthy and loved. In God's word and xxooxoxo's love gram